Regina Sturrock Design Inc.
We are currently not seeking to fill any positions within our firm. However we welcome all resumes and they will be kept on file for future reference.
Why Regina Sturrock Design Inc.?
Looking for a career with a company who has an opportunity for your professional growth? Do you have experience delivering exceptional customer experience and providing design ideas that are exquisite? Then we are interested in you. At Regina Sturrock Design you will work with an exclusive customer base and with a team that values an open mind, creativity and collaboration. We offer an open canvas for development opportunities to be unique and innovative. You will be mentored by an acclaimed Designer who brings a wealth of knowledge.
Regina Sturrock Design Inc. was founded in 1996 and provides high quality Residential Interior Design and Decoration in the Burlington, Oakville, Toronto and surrounding areas. With projects extending internationally, the firm specializes in highly tailored renovations and new builds within the luxury home market. Customization and the integrated architectural envelope, where every small detail is an essential part of the whole, is a hallmark of Regina Sturrock Design. The firm's portfolio encompasses a wide range of design aesthetic based on an eye towards creating unique, innovative and highly personalized spaces infused with the spirit of the client. The talented design team shares a strong and multi-faceted expertise including architectural detailing, millwork, furnishing and kitchen and bath design. The work of Regina Sturrock has been celebrated on the world stage in both 2014 and 2015 at the SBID International Design Awards in London, England. The annual occasion has been established as one of the most prestigious recognitions of design excellence in the interior design industry. Regina has developed her business through respected and long lasting relationships not only with her clientele, but with an established network of industry leaders that share the firm's mantra of exceptional service, reliability and excellence in the field.
This Interior Designer role is accountable for providing activities related to delivering exceptional residential design that include space planning, custom architectural detailing and features design, custom millwork design and working drawings, architectural and construction drawings and specifications writing, materials and furnishings selections and valuable consulting to a high-end clientele. Co-ordinates and implements detailed plans to address the customer requirements within allotted time and budget requirements. This position reports to the owner and supports them with interfacing with customer base on long term projects and delivering the highest of quality at all times to ensure the design objectives are realized.
- Accompanies principal designer to client meetings to support in recording information, taking measurements and offering an understanding of different concepts
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively on design projects with a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop and maintain good client relationship and rapport
- Collaborates with design team during creative meetings to brainstorm innovative ideas and unique designs to "wow" end users
- Compiles information and paperwork pertaining to client projects, schedules, specifications and quoting
- Consults on space planning and RCPs, architectural detail, furnishings and millwork layouts, materials and finishes applications, art and accessories and placement, custom features
- Sources product and material for proposals of fabrics, hard finishes, case goods, lighting, etc.
- Tracks, records hours to specific project for job costing
- Ability to deal with unique requests for clients in a profes onal and timely manner
- Liaises with installers, trades and construction people to ensure timeliness and qualit are maintained as per customer expectations
- Provides onsite job inspections to ensure work is carried out as per job specificat ns
- Delivers professional customer experience to all in determining needs and developing solu ons to meet expectations
- Presents and validates plans, layout designs against construction and architect designs and drawings
Hours & Location
- 40 Hours per week and varies depending on project timelines
- Burlington Office
Qualification & Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on residential design experience as an Interior Designer
- Relevant diploma or degree required (ARIDO membership is an asset)
- Portfolio of completed projects
- High-end kitchen and bath design experience required
- Expertise in space planning, millwork design, architectur and construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong graphic presentation skills along with proficiency in various software packages as listed below
- Exceptional working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
- PhotoShop, Illustrator and Sketch-Up skills an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Project management skills required
- Construction and Building Code knowledge required
- NCIDQ and BCIN designation an asset
- Demonstrates strength in colour theory and composition
- Knowledge of window treatment and soft furnishings design
- Knowledge of textiles, art and history of furniture
- Highly creative thinker who is eager to contribute to innovated ideas and have fun
- Adept problem-solver and loyal team-player who goes above and beyond expectation
- Strongly organized in the planning and execution of work tasks and able to multi-task
- Professional yet affable in demeanor with excellent client relations and workplace communication skills
- Diligent and dedicated worker who is committed to achieving the best outcomes
- Ability to focus strongly on tasks and details with a very high level of accuracy
- Team player who is passionate about design and fashion
- Effective listening skills to understand direction
- Must have a vehicle in order to pick-up and drop off samples and products if required
- Works with all different people and has patience in dealing with changes
- Appreciation for high quality workmanship and detail orientation
- Creative flare and has an "eye for detail"
- Great relationship builder who establishes strong alliances with trades and vendors
Please apply ONLY through firstname.lastname@example.org and outline your hourly rate expectations if you are interested in this role. We thank all applicants in advance and only candidates that qualify will be contacted. Appreciate your interest in Regina Sturrock Design Inc. and wish you all the best with your job search.